Upcoming Pop Albums

Upcoming Pop Albums
Jackson Chang

Early this year, multiple artists announced their new and upcoming projects for the year. Big name artists such as SZA, Lana Del Rey, Katy Perry and more are set to release their albums at unknown dates in 2024, leaving people anticipating next year’s Grammy show. 

With Beyoncé just releasing her “Cowboy Carter” album and Ariana Grande releasing “Eternal Sunshine” early this past March, other artists have announced the date that their new albums will be released this year.

1. Lizzy McAlpine: “Older” [April 5]

Lizzy McAlpine is a rising American singer-songwriter and Berklee alumnus who made her first appearance in the music industry with single releases like “Apple Pie.” She made her first big debut in the U.S. Billboard 200 with her second studio album “Five Seconds Flat.” This year, McAlpine is set to release her third studio album “Older” on April 5, following the release of its leading single.

2. Conan Gray: “Found Heaven” [April 5]

Conan Gray is a widely known artist all around the world. Most famously known for singles like “Wish You Were Sober” and “Heather,” Gray has made a scene in the indie music industry. Gray has made multiple appearances in the U.S. Billboard 200 with both of his previous studio albums. After releasing his leading single “Lonely Dancer,” from his newest album “Found Heaven,” Gray is looking to release his third studio album this April 5. 

3. Girl in Red: “I’M DOING IT AGAIN BABY!” [April 12]

Girl in Red is a well-known artist, with her first studio album “If I Could Make It Go Quiet” peaking at number 67 on the U.S. Billboard 200. Her second upcoming studio album “I’M DOING IT AGAIN BABY!” will be released April 12, accompanied by its world tour. 

4. Taylor Swift: “The Tortured Poets Department” [April 19]

From a surprise announcement at the annual Grammy Awards Show, hit maker Taylor Swift will be releasing another synth-pop album on April 19. After multiple number one hits in the U.S. Billboard 200 and breaking multiple world music records, “The Tortured Poets Department” will be Swift’s 13th original album, including additional bonus tracks entitled “The Manuscript,” “The Bolter” and “The Albatross.”

5. Sia: “Reasonable Woman” [May 3]

Sia is a well-known artist from Australia, with hits like “Cheap Thrills,” “Chandelier” and “Unstoppable.”  Having multiple albums and singles charts in the U.S. Billboard 200, Sia has become a well-respected artist across the globe. Her upcoming album “Reasonable Woman” is set to release on May 3. 

6. Dua Lipa: “Radical Optimism”  [May 3]

Dua Lipa is a renowned disco pop star, with multiple songs like “New Rules” and “Don’t Start Now” charting at the top 10 in the U.S. Billboard 200. Her new album, “Radical Optimism,” will be set to release this May 3, following leading singles “Houdini” and “Training Season.”