MIHS Boys Swim and Dive defeats Issaquah on Senior Night

Brooks Kahsai

The MIHS Boys Swim and Dive team defeated Issaquah on Thursday, Jan. 19 by a score of 107-85.

Many of the Islanders’ parents, siblings and friends came to watch the meet and celebrate the senior members on their senior night. The seniors spoke on their favorite events, memories and traditions from their four years on the team.

“Our team is pretty rich with traditions. We always go out to dinner after our meets, have fun little games, songs we sing and cheers on the sides,” four-year member Nolan Knievel said. “The goal is to keep that happening in the future.”

The night was very exciting for the entire team, cheering for each member during their races and after their dives. Senior Evan Liu received a State cut in the 200 freestyle, and fellow senior Jamie Feinstein received a District cut in both the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle.

“It has been a very fun four years,” Knievel said. “I’m definitely sad to leave the team behind.”

The team is still training and will be competing at numerous meets before their post season begins. The spirit will remain high throughout the rest of the season, including at their next meet on Jan. 26 at Skyline at 3:30.