MIHS Girls Swive Remains Undefeated in Game Against Issaquah

Kira Lancaster

On Thursday, Oct. 13, the Mercer Island Girls Swim and Dive team defeated Issaquah to remain undefeated this season.

Mercer Island’s final score was 124, which was double Issaquah’s score of 62.

“I think we slayed,” said freshman diver Maya Moncaster. “I think our team is really strong in general, [especially while] cheering for each other and supporting each other.”

Moncaster herself was quite satisfied with her performance and excited about her score of 78.6.

“I did my best double ever today,” Moncaster said. “I feel pretty good about my day today.”

As supportive as the team was in general, Moncaster noticed something they needed to work on for their upcoming Senior Night.

“Even though we’re good at cheering, there are some times where it’s just silent,” she said. “So we gotta stay cheering the entire time.”

Their final meet against Holy Names for Senior Night will be held Tuesday, Oct. 18 in the Mary Wayte Pool at 3:30p.m.

“For Senior Night, more people need to show up!” Moncaster said. “We need to support the team… so show up!”