Fremont guide

Fremont+guide

Similar to Ballard, Fremont is a super interesting neighborhood with crazy landmarks and quirky people. From the Fremont Troll and the Rocket to the sculpture of Vladimir Lenin, the neighborhood is an adventure waiting to happen. Head over, because a day in Fremont is a good one.

Food

Brunch – Roux

Whether you’re craving chicken and waffles or just plain pancakes, Rue is a perfect, cute Fremont brunch spot.

Dinner – Uneeda Burger

You NEED a burger from this way-cool garage-inspired dinner location. The food is amazing and the decor is different in the best way.

Dessert – Pie

There’s no secret what they serve here. Pie has both sweet and savory options, so enjoy the variety and the taste.

Coffee

Cafe Vita

Cafe Vita in Fremont is a simple and small corner cafe. If you want something different, order their amazing chai latte and a pastry.

Flying Apron

Flying apron is as grungy a cafe as they come, serving gluten free baked goods along with the coffee. Sip, eat, and people watch!

Activities

Fremont Sunday Market

It’s like the Mercer Island farmers market but bigger, better, and year-round. Selling a variety of goods from antique home goods to handmade jewelry to organic treats, the Market is a can’t-miss.

Theo Chocolate

Who says visiting a chocolate store isn’t an activity? Theo hosts chocolate tours so you can see how the treats are made. It also has never ending free samples of all flavors, so come hungry.

Gasworks Park and the Fremont Troll

If you haven’t visited him in a while, take a trip to see the Fremont troll. The somewhat irate-looking troll is a Fremont landmark and just plain silly. Gasworks park is also a good call when you’re not in the mood for a more generic park, because old rusty metal is way prettier than nature.

Thumbnail photo courtesy Mark Susina