The Notes App and Its Many Benefits

Sibella Benninghoff

Have you ever wanted to write all your confessions down? Try the Notes app. All you need is an iPhone. 

The Notes app is a commonly used app for itineraries and shopping lists, but many people have recently become aware of the feature that locks specific notes with a password. They have used this feature to write about their life problems, similarly to a diary. They also use locked notes to store personal information. 

“I write down all of my feelings [in the Notes app]. I also plan lists on the Notes app. And I make sure that all my passwords are kept in a locked note. I’m really glad that there are locked notes, because if there weren’t, then everyone could get into everything,” an anonymous MIHS student said. 

Another common feature of the Notes App is the ability to have shared notes. People use this feature for things like birthday lists and Zoom links. 

Here are some anonymous examples of things that people have written in the Notes app:

Stella accidentally started a fire that burned her entire apartment building down, so she confessed to the act in a locked note in the Notes app.

Brenden robbed a bank without getting caught and he wrote all the security passwords in a shared note with his friends.

Kellan knocked over his grandma’s ashes and blamed it on his cousin, so he came clean in a locked note in the Notes app.

Madison murdered her sister for sleeping with her husband, so she wrote the details of the incident in a locked note in the Notes app.

Alexander left his wife for a man and wrote his entire apology in a shared note with his wife after he took off. 

The Notes app is a place where people can live freely and it is yet to be further explored. Download today!