MIHS Girls Swim and Dive Advances to State

Ilan Dondisch

The MIHS Girls’ Swive team showed an exceptional performance on Friday, Nov. 3, winning the 2023 KingCo Girls Swim and Dive title. 

The team secured victory at the District level, pushing them to State Championships. They displayed their strength and dedication to the team by winning the 200-Yard Medley Relay with a final time of 1:49.49 minutes. 

The team trained hard specifically for this chance to win state.  “I felt that we were pretty strong going to the meet, we figured it out beforehand and saw that we were a little close to some of the other teams and some of the relays, but we knew that we could pull through and then end and I think energy on deck really helped with that on Friday and then obviously like swimming class and pre-elims always gets us ready for finals.” senior captain Ella Grogan said.

The team continues to be consistent with their dominant wins and speedy swimmers. Both senior team captains Ella Grogan and Rachel Yoo feel that their coach has prepared their team perfectly. Since this is Grogan and Yoo’s last year they said that they’re “hoping to go out with a bang.”

Morale has been essential for this team, both Grogan and Yoo feel that a tight bond with the team makes it function well. 

“Every day when we finish a set, we would all give each other high fives. And we would all just say  ‘good job’ to each other,” senior captain Rachel Yoo said.

Grogan also praised the fans, as she feels that they motivate and energize the team. 

“I don’t think anything could have gone better, I think we all did super well, and did our best and kept the energy up,” senior captain Ella Grogan said.

The team is ready to wreck Bellevue high and any other school that comes their way. We will see how it goes on Nov.11 when they compete for the state championships.