MIHS Leadership Announces 2022-2023 ASB Officers

Photo Courtesy MIHS Leadership

Ainsley McCarthy, Josie Barber, Lainie Wion and Andrew Howison have been elected to fill the 2022-2023 MIHS ASB Council positions. 

Between McCarthy, Winston Zhang and Mariella Niederkorn, McCarthy won the position of ASB President. 

McCarthy will be a senior next year and has been a leader throughout many years in the Mercer Island School District. 

“I hope to keep our pre-COVID traditions alive with in-person assemblies, 5th quarter with the band and fully-packed sports games to support our athletes,” McCarthy said in her letter of intent.

The winner and only candidate for vice president is Barber.

With all of her previous experience in leadership, Barber is planning on supporting mental health at MIHS. 

In Barber’s letter of intent, she said, “one of my main goals, if I become elected, is to make sure every student knows that they belong and feel welcome at MIHS.”

Once again, Wion as the only candidate running for ASB Secretary of MIHS claimed her position. 

Wion has big plans for her upcoming year at MIHS in this position. 

“Most of my focus has been on spreading awareness on sexual assault,” Wion said. “Ways to prevent it and ways to help victims.”

Out of Howison and Clara Mak battling for PR Coordinator for MIHS, Howison secured the position. 

In this new position, Howison will further progress his work from all his years as a leader at MIHS.

“I would like to continue my work advocating for students,” Howison said in his letter of intent. “But start to inform students what’s affecting them.”