MIHS Girls Lacrosse Thwarts Lake Sammamish in Landslide Win

Betty Butler

The MIHS Girls Lacrosse team won against Lake Sammamish in a landslide victory of 18-1 on Thursday, March 17.

Following their 7-13 loss on Monday, the team was ready to redeem themselves.

“This was a really great game. Our last game wasn’t great but I think we got into the groove a bit, we worked really well as a team this time. Our passes were connecting, so [it was] a pretty good game,” senior Molly Brodsky said.

Brodsky scored the first goal three minutes into the game, followed by goals from Jamison Drayton, Gabby Lumaco and Cora Meridith. Brodsky scored an additional three goals before halftime to make the score 8-0.

In the second half, underclassmen Erica Kierstead and Chelsea Cho scored additional goals. Lake Sammamish scored late into the second half but was unable to beat the lead that Mercer Island had set for a final score of 18-1.

Going forward, the team is looking forward to improving, mainly on attacking and communication.

“We are pretty strong on the transitions down and re-defending the transition but I think we could improve on using each other a little bit better on the attacking end,” Brodsky said.

The team is ready for the rest of the season, with the goal of making it to the state championship.

“Hopefully we make it to the state championship,” Brodsky said. “I mean, we definitely improved since our last game which is really great because it’s only been a few days so all I can see is us going up from there.” 

The team will play their next home game against Lakeside on Thursday, March 31 at 8 pm.

View Comments (1)