Upcoming Pop Albums
Upcoming Pop Albums
April 3, 2024

Green Lake guide

Graphic+by+Lee+Hardisty+
Lee Hardisty
Graphic by Lee Hardisty

For outdoor activities and great brunch, drive to Green Lake. The lake itself is beautiful, the neighborhood is pleasant, and there is an excellent variety of brunch spots and cafes. Even if you aren’t in the mood for the zoo Greenlake is an amazing place to visit.

Food

Brunch – Shelter

Right off of Green Lake, Shelter is a trendy spot. It’s built with an open and natural feel and has lots of glass and tons of windows. Enjoy the food, but also the gorgeous building.

Brunch – Phinney Market Pub & Eatery

Located right next to the zoo, the decor and the food at this place are both amazing! From the eggs benedict to the french toast, the Eatery is the place to go.

Brunch – The Dish Cafe

The Dish Cafe is the cutest brunch spot, and it’s only a few minutes from Green Lake park. The vibe is friendly and the food is delicious.

All-day Eats – Greenlake Bar and Grill

The wait for this place can be looong, but that’s really just a telltale sign that this is a super fun, casual restaurant you won’t want to miss. Right across from Green Lake, come for brunch, lunch, or dinner.

Coffee

Mighty-O Doughnuts 

One of many locations, Mighty-O Doughnuts Green Lake is cozy and cheerful, serving great coffee and delicious, organic doughnuts.

Fix Coffee House

The trendy coffee spot looks great and the coffee tastes better. Fix is right by Green Lake, so head there on the way home and pick up a pastry with your coffee.

Activities

The Zoo

If you’re in charge of the younger siblings, or just want to have a simple and fun time, the Woodland Park Zoo is a great afternoon activity.

Green Lake Park

If the weather is not too wet, a walk around Green Lake Park is an awesome outdoor activity. Get some exercise, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and the adorable houses that surround the lake. Afterwards, go to brunch!

Thumbnail photo courtesy movoto.com